Berdysh Admin replied

507 weeks ago

There's nothing interesting to do outside of raiding. Raiding itself feels pointless when you're only going once or twice a week for about an hour at a time. I guess I'm thinking about unsubscribing for a bit and keeping tabs on the game, it's kind of silly paying for it right now. If some people feel the same and want to look into changing things up, I might be up for that, but as things are it's just a wasted $30/month for us.

Castoth replied

507 weeks ago

I have to agree. Though it's not just the lack of available people on, but it's also the direction Square seems to be going right now. Coil is the only decent content right now, and I'd be fine still doing that 4-5 hours a week or so. Otherwise, might be better to just wait until 2.4, see if a break refreshes the game for people, and evaluate what is going on with the game overall.

Orson Default replied

507 weeks ago

I'm in the same boat. Unless we can get a static raiding group of at minimum of 2 hrs and 2 nights a week I'm going to unsub. There's nothing worth while in this game atm. I'd consider coming back after a few patches or maybe the expansion.

Sess replied

507 weeks ago

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Though I don't mind paying the sub even if we just do 1 night a week. My issues is I should be giving the game more time if I was serious about winning. But it's just such a chore. There is no real progression, it would be fun if there was some. But right now its Hunts then Coil. Rest of the content I'm not sure why it's there.

I have some work things I need to start really concentrating on too, if I want to get it all done by the end of the year.

Berdysh Admin replied

507 weeks ago

The problem is two hours of week of raiding gets you nowhere, especially when we have so many weeks where we just don't really go at all. If we cannot commit a solid four hours per week to raiding, then either we just don't care for the game all that much or we have to accept we are not mmo raiders anymore.

Sess replied

507 weeks ago

Have to keep in mind this is the typical cyclical nature of an MMO group. Summer is tougher because its a busy time of year. By October/Novermber I'll go stir crazy and probably will need to game again. Right now it just feels like everything is pulling me in all sorts of directions, and so I'd rather have something very none committal as my pass time.

Castoth replied

507 weeks ago

Late October/early November is when 2.4 should come out as well. One thing I am vainly hoping for is that Square gets better at introducing low man content like they did with XI. That way, if we don't have an 8 man group on at the time of that patch, there are at least other decent things to do for progress. Right now, there is virtually nothing interesting to do outside of Coil.

I was 50/50 for most of last night discussing this, but now I'm leaning towards a break until 2.4 anyway. Think one part of the original XIV that we loved that we did overlook was that there was so much content because we started slow and gradually finished it over time. We seemed to have finally caught up to Square's update schedule right around when 2.2 hit. Granted, the direction they took starting with that update was overall pretty atrocious, but that was when we caught up to their (at least what I feel) really slow update schedule.

I am hoping the rest of our FC mates chime in with their opinions, considering how important it is at least. If we don't have the interest to do the only relevant content for Coil right now, might as well just temporarily unsub and see what Square does with the game and save a few dollars.

Impinge replied

507 weeks ago

The game is designed to have a steep learning curve. If someone is brought in that's not part of the regular static, it creates a whole new group dynamic. Roles are changed around and picking up on the raid's mechanics takes awhile. Learning the fights can be laborious for new people. Two weeks between attempts is too long, it takes awhile to get back into the grove, so to speak.

If the issue is spending more time doing raids then I wonder if we can even pull that off with this group of people. We all have lives and responsibilities outside of the game. I do enjoy the game but sometimes I make other plans (sorry in advance about tonight). At least if we had multiple nights a week, missing one wouldn't be so detrimental.

I was thinking of trying WoW again when the expansion came out. I could keep both subs but my tendency is to play one MMO at a time. I've always had an issue staying interested in one thing for too long. I guess I'm a gypsy gamer but it's difficult, in my opinion, by their nature MMOs rely on others to progress. A form of entertainment that fits around everyone's schedule will always be strained with 8+ people. Seems like money and time are inversely proportional.

Berdysh Admin replied

507 weeks ago

That's basically my line of thought. MMOs can be played casually, but raiding requires a couple hours per week and some continuity. I would be fine if there were some fun things to do outside of raiding, but right now there isn't so why pay. Maybe 2.4 will bring some things to do, who knows.

By the way, if anyone starts up WoW we're playing horde on Uldum. If you activate your account now you get Mists of Pandaria for free.

Nioulan Default replied

507 weeks ago

I've been thinking the same since I've gotten busy with real life events. I suppose I'll unsub and keep tabs on FFXIV. I won't be able to sustain 2 subs though (pretty sure everyone just cheered). The way I see it is we should either come back in 2.4 or the expansion. If we all stop now and wait until 2.4, we'll have T7-9 still left over and maybe have to relearn T6 in addition to the new turns 3rd coil will bring. We'll have a lot of raiding to do and with our track record, it'll probably take us from 2.4 til the expansion to finish all of the raiding.
Please log in to post a reply.