Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2977e520e828067bb82917156c809e71a48adb5a

We'll need to beat King Moogle extreme before we can do Ramuh Extreme.

The sands, oils, and unidentified Tomestones will not count towards to 1 piece of gear per week restriction. Which is cool.

Berdysh Admin replied

514 weeks ago

at a 30% drop rate, that really doesn't matter. No one wants to grind an awful event that hard. I rather play a different game.

Hunts are goiing to make or break this update for me.

Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

The Hunt looks like it could be fun. But limiting it to just once a day and once a week is a disappointment.

The new CT will be as easy as the current CT. It won't be hard, so long as people aren't complete idiots.

Berdysh Admin replied

514 weeks ago

Making elite bounties once per week is fine as long as you're able to gather up enough allied notes to get a sand/oil per week. What's more concerning to me is they sound like they're going to be plain old lottery nms every single person shares, open to anyone.

CT being stupid easy is why it's boring content. I'm not a fan of farming the same repetitive, easy content over and over.

Castoth replied

514 weeks ago

So far I like what I'm reading. While I hate the prospect of grinding CT, fact that it's uncapped for iLevel 110 upgrade items means I'll probably do it honestly. Though Hunts and Ramuh I'm more looking forward to.

At the very least, it's sounding like they realized the extreme grind of 2.2 was too much, and are relenting a bit in that regard. Which was my biggest problem with the game for the past few months.

As for BLM changes, sounds like they are making Fire 1/3 and Blizzard 3 slightly more powerful and Apoc much more useful, though at the expense of Manawall duration. Sounds pretty solid overall.

last edited 514 weeks ago by Castoth

Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

I plan on doing the new CT too Cast.

Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

I plan on doing the new CT too Cast.

Yeah, The Hunt and Ramuh look like fun. They're definitely making oils and sands a lot more accessible. MrHappy plans on streaming savage coil so I'm going to watch it, I'll tell you guys how "savage" it is.

I like this patch so far overall. They're adding content for every kind of player.

last edited 514 weeks ago by Nioulan

Berdysh Admin replied

514 weeks ago

Orson brought up a good point. If the sands/oils are in a 4th chest, that's shared by all 24 people, not exclusive to a party. At a 30% drop rate, that's going to really suck.

Elite Hunts also have potential to suck. If it's really the same Hunt for every player per company, and an open world enemy anyone can engage - sounds like XI nonsense all over again.

Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

Yeah, that's true. They could do the sands/oils/tomestones like they did with Acheron's sword decoration.

Nioulan Default replied

514 weeks ago

There's a link in the preliminary notes to the full notes.
Please log in to post a reply.