Nioulan Default replied

499 weeks ago

Some pretty cool stuff.

http://m.imgur.com/a/wKCUQ

Berdysh Admin replied

499 weeks ago

I'm not saying there will not be anything in the expansion, but absolutely nothing there has me excited. Nothing there fundamentally changes the game the way it needs to be changed.

Nioulan Default replied

499 weeks ago

What would have to happen to cause you to be or get excited? Also they said the expansion will be released in spring 2015.

last edited 499 weeks ago by Nioulan

Berdysh Admin replied

499 weeks ago

I'm not sure there's anything. This game is pretty far off my radar right now. A bunch of pretty pictures, new classes and stuff that's in line with the patches we've already been getting definitely isn't doing it. They need to reinvent the game.

Nioulan Default replied

498 weeks ago

More details on the expansion. I'll probably make DRK my 2nd main.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/189seSFX457zGqW2mFMbS6Z42ZNIC1np9sOtMKvWhrAw/mobilebasic

Sess replied

498 weeks ago

Yeah its the typical marketing stuff for an MMO and none of it is detailed dev posts on what mechanics are going to change. Need cleaner gear progression, less restrictive loot drops (they can steal from the wow personal loot system), and more side casual stuff that is still semi challenging and also rewarding.

The best way to tell if things will change for the positive or not is to find out if there are still grindy tasks in the game. If so, then the mentality has not changed.

Berdysh Admin replied

498 weeks ago

What is with them and adding new classes? It's so stupid. Fix your bad game first.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure I even want to give this another try at any point. I can sit there and play WoW for 3 hours at a time, playing steady progress and not being bored. I thought I wasn't doing that because I was just over playing mmos like that, but XIV just had nothing fun to do in it that didn't require 8 people.

Just the fact that Shiva is dropping 110 weapons tells me everything I need to know about them still not getting it.
Please log in to post a reply.